Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Workstation Idea!

So, here is my Made it Monday, er, Tuesday idea.  It's a workstation for my kids to practice those mystical high frequency words.  In my district, our first graders have to know 100 sight words by the end of the year.  So that means practice, practice, practice!!
     I thought of this as I was wandering through Target this afternoon.  Basically, I pimped out everyones favorite childhood game. I bought a Chutes & Ladders game ($10) , took my trusty sharpie, and sight word list to simply write one word in each numbered space.  I'm going to have the kids play it by saying each word as they move up and down the board--not just the one they land on.  Hopefully, this new game will bring some quality practice time and a little fun to workstations this week! Sure to be a classroom favorite :)

     If you've been wondering where I've been.  I have been up to my eyeballs in the Hurculean task  of putting together my leveled take home book library.  (Pictures and story to follow soon)

What about you, so you have any fun games to practice high frequency words that your kids love?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment