Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm. A. Fellow.

Wow.  I went to my Fund for Teachers orientation tonight.


We did all sorts of fun things like: listen to reporting requirements, fill out tax forms, and GET OUR ChECkS!!!  I am sooooooo pumped to be a part of this amazing organization.  Stephanie, our "fellow wrangler," and the nicest person I met all night, took us through all the ins and outs of being the best fellow we can be.  I met a ton of teachers tonight who have put together some mind blowing proposals.  Highlights were: trip to Japan to study habits of kids who think for themselves, trip down the "Fairy Tale Trail" in Europe, and of course the art teacher going through France and Amstrdam to study Impressionism.....le sigh.  I'm chomping at the bit to start writing my next proposal, but apparently I have 3 years to wait for that.  #sadface

There was an awesome luau themed reception to welcome us into the Fund for Teachers family. All the fellows from years past came to see old friends and welcome us.   Food, beverages, new friends, old friends..... What more could a girl ask for?!  Oh yeah, #lemmetakeaselfie

I know I've written about this before, but FFT is an amazing organization that awards grants to teachers each year to go out and experience things that will enrich their classrooms.  Each summer, teachers all across the country are traveling to destinations around the world; exploring, learning, and experiencing things that will change their teaching lives forever.  I can't say enough about how grateful I am to get this opportunity.  Click the pic to take you to their site.  Explore, learn more about the fellowship requirements....start thinking about your dream learning trip & apply to be a fellow next year!

What about y'all?  Anyone out there in the blogosphere been a fellow?  I'd love to hear about your trip....leave me a comment or message!

You'll be hearing LOTS more about my experience this summer.  Miss Salinas and I will be blogging the entire time we are in New York.  Saddle Up!

#FFT  #isitsummeryet?


No comments:

Post a Comment