Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

First Days of School in the Art Room...Second Grade

It's finally here....the first day of school!!  I really think I'm as excited for it as the kids are.  We've been inservice-ing and prepping for our kiddos going on 2 weeks now.  I'm ready, they're ready...I know the parents are ready!

I figure I'd start this school year out with what I'm doing these first weeks of school.  We all know to start with the basics; read them the riot act collaboratively create class expectations. Standard.  Well, what next?

I have 7 grade levels each day, and I'm working on 7 different projects.  I'll try and share one at a time.  First, I'll start with second grade! YAY!  My mighty second-graders will be working in groups to complete a photo scavenger hunt.  They will each be given a list of 20 items and an iPad mini. (I love these cases by i-blason....handles AND kid-proof!
 They are to only take ONE picture of each item.  I told them they can't move on until they complete the item before it--no skipping around.  This is basically just to help me in the reflection/ sharing time.    They will have 15-20 minutes to complete as many items as they can, with ninja-like stealth.  Did I mention I'm letting them out of my room? eek! They will have boundaries--I have to be able to see them AND they can't be distracting.  This leaves them with the hallway outside my room.  Not much freedom, but it sure seems like it when you're 7!!

I'll post the results sometime next week.  If you'd like the list I used, you can find the link to my google drive here.

What are y'all doing these first few weeks of school?


No comments:

Post a Comment